SMALL HAUL & FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NYX


Long time no post! I feel really bad for abandoning this blog but I've honestly been so busy with uni that I really haven't had much time for anything else. However, I really hope I will be able to get back on my blogging game and update more since my course is almost over! If you didn't know I currently study a Foundation in Art & Design, and in September I'll be starting my degree in Illustration which I'm very excited about.

Anyway, onto to the haul!

I remembered seeing a sign in the High Street Kensington Boots stating that there would be a NYX counter opening in April and since yesterday was a day off for me, I decided to stop by and check it out!

There were two counters/stands when I went - the main one which is closer to the perfumes and high end nail polishes and another smaller stand in between Clinique and Benefit. I actually didn't see the main stand until I was walking out with one product in tow, and as soon as I saw the stand I knew I had to get more.

I don't have any pictures of the stand but it was well stocked with pretty much their entire range. I got a total of six products and am itching to go back, but what I got today is fine for now haha.

The first product I bought were three of their single eye shadows. These retail for £3.50 each which is honestly a steal for how good the formula is.

When I was swatching them the shadows were soft and applied really smoothly, with great pigmentation. I got three different colours, all with shimmers, called 'Innocent', 'Showgirl' and 'Heat'.




The next and last three products I bought were lip products. I bought two of the very much raved about Soft Matte Lip Creams in 'Stockholm' and 'Cannes', and one from their new line, Liquid Suede in 'Soft Spoken'.



The Soft Matte Lip Creams, like the name, have quite a creamy formula. They apply beautifully and are very light on the lips and don't transfer once fully dry. The Liquid Suede is the slightest bit more matte than the SMLCs, and is also a little more drying because of that. They're also a little heavier than the SMLCs but once fully dry they also don't transfer. 

The two products are overall very similar so you really can't go wrong with either as they both have great range of colours. It's hard to say which one I prefer, but I'll probably update once I've tried both out a couple of times. The SMLC retail for £5.50, and the Liquid Suede for £6.50. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this small post, and I hope to be back soon with more!

Until my next post,

Chelli



No comments:

Post a Comment